Increase your safety yield during the busy harvest season,
help decrease the chances of an electrical related
• Always use a spotter when operating
large machinery near lines.
• Use care when raising augers or the bed
of grain trucks around power lines.
• Keep equipment at least 10 feet from
lines — at all times, in all directions.
• Inspect the height of the farm equipment
to determine clearance.
• Always lower extensions to the lowest
setting when moving loads.
• Never try to move or raise a power line
for clearance; instead call us.
If your equipment does come in contact with a
power line, do not leave the cab. Immediately
call 9-1-1, warn others to stay away, and wait
for the utility crew to cut the power.
For more information about electrical safety,
including farming-related safety tips, visit: